Appropriated Dragon Dim Sum is found atop the Pagoda inside Black Rock French Quarter. Founded is 1822 to house the migrant workers constructing the Black Rock Railroad, Appropriated Dragon serves as a community center, dim sum hall, dance hall and all around spectacle of interactivity.
A simple principle is that to give is better than to receive, and thus the greatest part of gifting, is actually preparing the gift itself. Have you ever hand-made a gift for someone and just sat there beaming, waiting for them to open it so they could see how smart, clever, crafty and thoughtful you were?!
Each week we feature ceremonies with Parasol and Hand Fan Painting, Bring Some Share Some Dim Sum, Tea & Turbans, Silent Disco and much more. Come join us!!
- Everyone participates! You must either: build, strike or lead a team (big or small)...or do all 3!
- $125 camp cost-share
- Donate dim sum items (non-perishable preferred, but frozen okay if you keep them frozen)
- $175 village dues (less if paid early, more if paid late)
- Staff 2 shifts out of 12 on the pagoda, managing cultural exchange events or cooking
- 10:00am to 2:00pm, Monday through Saturday
- 2:00pm to 6:00pm, Sunday through Friday
- Shower plan available to French Quarter village members for $75 through Dusty Joe's Rust Bucket
- Meal plan available for those who volunteer to purchase, cook, and clean 1 meal
- Remove your own trash, your own grey water, and 1 bag of camp trash at the end of the event
- Help with teardown on Saturday before the Burn, and village cleanup and packing through Tuesday
- Meet your responsibilities to avoid bringing shame to your family for generations
- Located in the Black Rock French Quarter village